Thursday, February 17, 2011

Joshua's Birth

Joshua's Birth
21-01-2010

Born at 35+ weeks

We had to get going really early as I had to be at Constantiaberg by 8:00 am and we had to drop Daniel off at Ouma and Oupa. I was not looking forward to the whole birthing experience.

We did the boring paper work and the like and then I met my anesthetist and he was fantastic. He spoke to me about what was going to happen (such a different experience than with Daniel)

It was time to go into theatre, they did the epidural and made sure that I did not have pain this time round. the next minute the anesthetist said they have already cut me open and are busy taking baby Joshua out. I could not believe it. So fast.

Born at 11:45am
Weighed in at 2'335 kg
Length 47 cm
head circumference 32,5

Joshua spent his first 24 hours in the ICU so I was transported on my bed to the unit whenever he needed feeds. I was so happy to be able to breast feed Joshua as I could not with Daniel as his sucking reflexes were not developed enough so he was in hospital, tube fed and then bottle fed.

I had meds which I could self medicate and it worked brilliantly I was also give a sleeping tablet and then they could not wake me up for feeds I was lights out.This time I did not have so much pain.
I am so grateful to God for our happy, healthy little boy. What a blessing from God.

Will post some birth pics soon