Friday, October 31, 2008
Daniel returns to hospital.
Well we were all new to this parenting.So we pretty much went with the flow. On the third day of being home with Daniel I said to Colin there is something wrong with Daniel he is just not acting in the same way he did in hospital.We phoned the paediatrician and he thought we were over exaggerating but I knew there was something wrong with my baby so we insisted he have a look at him and could find nothing really wrong with him.We had to take our baby to constantiaberg and because he was so weak and they did not know why they first had to wash him in disinfectant.Then they put him i a room isolated from the other babies cause they did not know what was wrong with him.It was one of the toughest things I have ever gone through was leaving by baby in hospital.Well praise the Lord it was nothing serious they did all sorts of tests and came back to the conclusion that because he was prem his sucking skills did not develop enough so they fed him through a drip and by then I was exhausted of trying to be there for my baby my husband and in between I was expected to express and by this time my milk was already drying up. So I said I cannot do this he will just have to be a formula baby.Daniel stayed in hospital for eight days and has never really gained the weight that he should have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment